We advise customers to update their 3D printer’s firmware regularly so that new software and performance improvements can be used.
To update the firmware of your machine please follow the instructions bellow.
- Download and install the latest version of the FlashPrint software.
- Connect the 3D printer to your computer via a USB cable and activate the connection via the menu Print > Connect Machine.
- Make sure that your computer is connected to the Internet.
- Use the Update Firmware function from the Tools menu.
- If a newer firmware than the one you have installed is available online, the software will download it for you and promt you to follow a few simple instructions.
Please do not turn off your computer or the 3D printer while the firmware is updating. For instance make sure the power cable is firmly inserted into the printer and wall socket. For instance, a simple loose contact can inadvertently turn off the power.
If for any reason the firmware update fails, it is possible to reset the 3D printer to its original state. If you have any trouble, please get in touch with us by submitting a ticket in our helpdesk so that we can help you.